Home Tour {Living and Dining Room}

Hello! Today begins the tour of our new home that we purchased at the end of May. A little back story; we were living in a lovely house that we purchased in November of 2015 and didn't really have any complaints. The location was great, we had plenty of space, nice neighbors. But when we found out that we were expecting a baby, our whole perspective changed. This house was on a single cul-de-sac off of a major road, no neighborhood to walk through while pushing the baby in a stroller. We had no back yard, just a brick patio and a pool. That was all fine and dandy, but now where's the swing set going to fit, and WOAH, baby+pool = danger! To top it all off, this was a house that was at the very top of our budget, and after looking at the numbers, there was no way that I'd be able to quit work or even go part time to stay at home with the baby. So it was settled, we would sell the house and buy something less expensive and more kid friendly. Fast forward to today, we are living in a beautiful, albeit small house that is just perfect for our family. It's cozy and comfy, and we couldn't be happier. We feel like we've hit the jackpot. We know that this is the house God led us to, and where He has placed us for this season. Will we outgrow it's 3 bedrooms one day? Hopefully! But right now, it is perfect! So without further ado, here's pictures of the living and dining room!



 These pictures were from the online listing of the house. 

 And here it is as of today. The golden yellow walls were darker in person, and we knew immediately that we wanted to re-paint. We had them professionally painted before moving in, and we couldn't be happier with the work! If you're local, Castro Painters does an excellent job! I highly recommend them! We have lots of projects we want to do eventually--hardwood floors, draperies and pillows, a new piece of furniture to go beside the love seat that has more storage. But I am so happy with where we are just 1 month after moving in! 
 I made the flag bunting a couple of years ago, and use if to decorate for the 4th of July.




 Our old house at built in bookcases, so we had to come up with a storage solution for our books. With limited space, we got creative and bought a sofa table with shelves. I love the way it looks. Functional and aesthetically pleasing is a win, win! 


 I decided to take our travel books off of the bookshelf and put them somewhere front and center where they can easily be pulled out to flip through. We love to travel, and we pick up an information book wherever we go. So far we have ones for the Biltmore, Washington D.C., Westminster Abbey, Stonehenge, Tower of London, and Windsor Castle (last four picked up on our trip to London in 2014).
 This desk belonged to my grandmother, and the mirror is my parent's. My mom loaned it to me until she has a place to put it :) The random white table next to it is still searching for a good home. If I can't find one soon, I'll probably get rid of it. 
This plate is something I bought in London and it's one of my favorite things! It's from the Historic Royal Palaces palace China, and it's design was inspired by famous details from 5 of the royal palaces. I think it's so beautiful, and it's a reminder of our trip every time I see it.
 Love my new Vine+Branches sign that I found at Hobby Lobby!

And that's a look at our living room and dining room. Hope you enjoyed! Come back next week to see our kitchen! 





Comments

Popular Posts