Show and Tell Tuesday--Guilty Pleasures

Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday, and this week we're talking about our guilty pleasures.


I had a hard time with this one because I don't feel like I have too many guilty pleasures. I love naps, but who doesn't? I also love online shopping/browsing; there are few things as relaxing to me as mindlessly scrolling through pages of shoes/clothes/baby clothes/home decor. :) I enjoy spending time on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, but again, that's not very unusual. Here's a look at the 3 specific guilty pleasures I could come up with :)

McDonald's
McDonald's is definitely a huge guilty pleasure of mine. It's not something I'm proud of, or something I would tell just anyone, but I LOVE McDonald's. Like, I would pick it as my last meal if given the choice. McDonald's gets a lot of flack these days for lots of different reasons, but I feel like the general sentiment (at least from the people I'm around), is that it's nasty, unhealthy, processed food. And let's be honest; it is! ๐Ÿ˜‚ But it doesn't mean it's not delicious! I always get the same thing; double cheeseburger meal (with no pickle) and a coke. Mmmmmm....I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! :)

Celine Dion
Now I know I'm not alone on this one; Celine Dion is obviously a beloved singer.... just not by many people my age. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just cannot get enough Celine Dion. It all started when I was in fourth grade, when my parent's bought a 5 disc CD player for our family for Christmas, and they bought two CD's: Backstreet Boys (I can't remember which one), and Celine Dion: All the Way, a Decade of Songs :) It was a compilation of some of her greatest hits, including My Heart Will Go On, which was a favorite of mine at the time. I can sing every word to every song on that CD, and I credit that as the beginning of my love for Celine. I got another CD of hers when I was in middle school, and I used to listen to it in my portable CD player every time we went on a road trip. I think a lot of it is nostalgic for me, but I am also a HUGE fan of love ballads, and you just cannot beat Celine Dion's powerful voice! 

Amish Fiction
Okay, this one is admittedly a little strange and kind of embarrassing to admit, but I have a secret love for Amish fiction novels. ๐Ÿ™ˆ I have a deeply rooted obsession fascination with the Amish, and I love reading fictional novels about Amish people and their lives. This is a very niche genre, and one not a lot of people are probably aware even exists. Beverly Lewis is the author whose books I've read the most of, and there are lots of details about the characters every day lives that are factual; information about working their farms, their houses, religious beliefs and customs, etc. They are just so interesting to me! I know it's quirky, but Amish fiction definitely counts as a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

Thanks for reading along. I can't wait to read the other posts in the link-up!

Comments

  1. A good book series is always a guilty pleasure and I get the same thing as you from McDonalds, down to the drink :) I LOVE their fries. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from another McDonald's fan! :) The fries are the best! Hope you had a good day as well!

      Delete
  2. Couldn't be more with you in regards to McDonald's and I'm straight up hoping over to Amazon to look into some Beverly Lewis titles right.now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts