2018 Goals

Today I'm linking up with Shay at Mix and Match Mama, and we're talking about resolutions and goals for 2018. I love this time of year and what it represents--a fresh start! I always go into every year with things in mind that I want to start doing and changes I want to make, and this year is no different. In fact, my list this year is quite long! 

intentional, focused time with God -
Prayer and worship are a big part of my every day, but I am awful at putting aside my "to-do list" to just stop and spend time with God. I know the least I can do for Him is offer him part of my day to read His Word and seek His face, but for some reason I have a hard time doing it. I have felt God stirring in my spirit lately, and know that a daily quiet time is something He is asking of me. I wouldn't go a day without checking social media, emails, or blogs I follow, so why would I go a day without God's Word? I know this is the most important thing I can do in 2018.

- make healthy lifestyle changes -
Every year I say I want to "lose weight", but this year it's more than that. I do want to lose some weight, but not just so I can look better; I want to be healthier! I am committing to incorporate more exercise into my routine, cut back on junk food, and try more healthy foods in 2018.

- cultivate new friendships and strengthen existing ones -
In 2018, I want to put more energy into my friends. I want to be better about making plans with the friends I have, but I also want to step out of my comfort zone and make some new friends. There are several women that I have recently met at various children's activities with Henry, and I want to get to know them better. I'm going to be an initiator in getting to know someone new instead of waiting for them to come to me.

be proactive about reaching out to old friends -
I am the WORST at thinking of someone I haven't seen in a while, intending to reach out to them, and then never following through. I am hereby declaring 2018 the year that I send more "just because" texts and emails, and maybe even some good old fashioned snail mail. :)

- enjoy every minute of 2018! -
I have been blessed with this precious season of mothering a young child, and been given the gift of staying home with him, and I am determined to soak up every moment. Last year I had the goal of making our bed every day (I did it for maybe 5? 6? HA!), but this year, I have a different approach. I still have standards and Caleb and I are still both pretty OCD (understatement! 😜), but I don't want to be so hard-nosed about housework that I miss out on fun either. I will always change our sheets once a week because I like a clean bed, but so what if it doesn't get made everyday? Somedays it will, but those will also be the days that I can't let Henry crawl deep inside the covers and play peek-a-boo.  So here's to less time spent cleaning up messes and picking up toys, and to more time spent playing, building, imagining, and making memories with my little boy!

As I look back and reflect on this list, one word stands out in my mind; RELATIONSHIPS. That's what it's all about for me this year. Growing in my relationships with God, friends, and family. They take work, but I am ready and willing, and believe that I'll be standing on the other side of 2018 with deeper and more meaningful connections to those I love. Cheers to you all, and to a new year!



Comments

  1. I really want to lose more weight too, but it's definitely more about being healthy than anything. I do need to try and up my weekly activity, but it should get a bit better now that the holidays are over.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! There are lots of unhealthy ways to lose weight, and that is not what I'm looking for! Good luck to you in reaching your goals!

      Delete
  2. I like your goal on reaching out to old friends! I should do more of that...and hand written letters not emails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I know how much it means to me when I know an old friend is thinking of me, so I want to be that person this year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts