Henry's Easter Basket

Today I'm going to share what I bought to fill Henry's Easter basket, but first I have a confession; this is kinda weird, but one of the things that excited me most about having a child was that I get to do stockings and Easter baskets for him. I don't know, I have just always looked forward to it! So with that being said, I'm going to acknowledge right now that I have gone overboard and bought way too much. And I'm not sorry about it! 😜 




New art supplies will be taking up a lot of room in Henry's basket this year. We like to use construction paper for painting and scribbling, so I picked up a new package at Wal-Mart. He hasn't tried jumbo crayons before, but I think they'll be easier for him to use than regular crayons. The chalk is something that I thought would be fun to use on the driveway this summer, and I found the package of markers on clearance at Target and thought I'd try them. They're specifically made for babies his age so I think he'll like them!

Of course I couldn't resist a couple new books! Henry has 3 other Pop-Up Peekaboo books and they are his favorite, so I know he'll like this farm one too! 

Bubbles are all the rage right now, so of course I couldn't resist all the cute bunny ones! 

Henry got these Crayola bath drops in his stocking for Christmas, and we just used the last one the other day, so a new container is a must! Also I found these bath crackles at Wal-Mart for $1 each and I know he'll love them. Pop rocks for your bath have to be fun!

I had to throw in some good old fashioned Easter basket junk! 😜 I found the bouncy ball and the growing dinosaur in the Target dollar spot, and the the rest came from Hobby Lobby. I think Henry will like the hopping chick and the crazy straws, and I know he'll like the duck water squirter. He has the same one with a dog on the end and loves it!

I can't pass up the opportunity to add some practical items that we'd be buying anyway. Henry will be getting a new toothbrush and toothpaste (his last one was in his stocking, so it's time to replace it!), 2 adorable fork & spoon sets, and a box of puppy Band-Aids. Henry hasn't needed a Band-Aid yet, but I figure that we're getting close to the age when he'll start getting more scrapes and cuts and I know he'll be excited to wear a dog on his boo-boos!

Lastly are a few random fun things to play with. I bought these dog puppets at Aldi back in December and have been saving them for Easter. We went to a puppet show at the library several months ago and Henry LOVED it, so I just knew these puppy puppets would be perfect for him! And then I picked up the little garden tools in the Target dollar spot the other day. He loves to get outside with us and dig around in the dirt, so he'll get a kick out of these.

So that's what Henry will be getting this year for Easter! The only other things I might pick up are some special treats like animal crackers or goldfish, but as you can see the basket is bursting at the seams, so I may just call it a day and wait until next year. :):):) 

And just for fun, here's Henry's Easter basket from last year (his first Easter!)




Comments

Popular Posts