Summer/July 4th Decor

Hello, hello! Today I'm sharing some pictures of a few decorations I've put out for the summer. I've never really put much seasonal decor out for summer, but this year I am ALL ABOUT red, white, and blue. It just feels so festive! I love the Fourth of July. It's such a special holiday for historical purposes as well as for the traditions that surround it. Nothing like time off from school and work, cookouts with family, and fireworks! 

I'm SO proud of these decorations because I did them on a really tight budget. I didn't have a ton of money to spend on decor, so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a roll of patriotic ribbon, several packs of flags, and some Fourth of July scrapbook paper, and worked with it. At first I felt confined by my low budget, but I ended up having so much fun with these decorations because I really had an opportunity to be creative. I think everything turned out really cute!

I bought this wooden flag at Hobby Lobby at the end of last summer for really cheap, and I was excited to pull it out and use it this year. I also used my red Christmas candles and they really helped pull things together!




See, red Christmas candle. :)

I made 4 of these squares 5 years ago and for some reason never finished it. I bought more burlap this year and added 3 squares so that it fits the length of my mantel. I love it SO much!


Here's my little shelf in the kitchen. I love the way everything looks and it hardly cost me anything! Here's where my scrapbook paper really shines; I made the star garland, covered the USA letters, and even put patriotic paper over a couple of the pictures/signs I already had up there. Only cost a couple dollars for a big effect! The "Little Firecracker" painting was something that my Aunt Kathy did last year with Henry's footprint. I adore it!


I bought this adorable artwork as a digital download on Etsy for $3.50 and printed it on cardstock. I had the frame already which made for another frugal win!

I tied my last little bits of ribbon around these candle holders. I seriously contemplated buying some red candles which would have been cuter, but it just wasn't in the budget! I went with these stars and stripes cupcake liners instead. 😂

There's a look at my house this summer! I hope you like it as much as I do, and maybe feel inspired to do some frugal decorating of your own! 

Comments

Popular Posts