Easter 2019

Easter was kind of a blur this year, because Claire was born the Sunday before, but we still managed some festive fun! We dyed eggs, hunted eggs, ate way too much candy, spent time with family, got Easter baskets, and most importantly, celebrated Jesus' resurrection that brings us life!

Evelyn and Caroline came over the Friday before Easter to dye eggs. My mom thought they would enjoy putting candy in the eggs that they would hunt on Sunday, but all they wanted to do was eat it. 😂 



 Caleb and Henry rode to church with my mom on Sunday morning, and I stayed home with Claire. I was so sad to miss the Easter service, but I watched it live. It wasn't quite the same, but still good! :) Before they got home, I put together Henry's Easter basket (talk about last minute!), and he was sooo cute going through it. He kept saying "Thank you guys so much!" and my heart just about burst!

Henry got a kite, chalk, bubbles, a book, a basketball hoop for the bathtub, a mini Magna Doodle to use in the car, while waiting at restaurants, etc., some M&M's, a kaleidoscope, and a set of toddler jigsaw puzzles shaped like construction vehicles. Claire doesn't have a basket yet, but we couldn't leave her out! I got her a precious book about a baby bunny and a stuffed Jellycat bunny.


We went to Tracy and Derek's house around lunchtime, and they gave Henry and Claire both adorable Easter buckets filled with all sorts of goodies. We took food home and had lunch before nap time...

...and when Henry woke up, we went to my mom and dad's house for dinner and an Easter egg hunt! Last year Henry didn't really "get" Easter egg hunting, but he sure loved it this year! These kids are definitely going to be competitive egg hunters in the coming years. :)



My mom is a huge pushover with the grandkids, and she always lets them eat on the couch while they watch T.V. They won't even entertain the idea of eating anywhere else. 😂 My parent's gave each of the kids a movie for Easter, and Henry's was Moana (he sat next to it while eating dinner! LOL).

We had such a FULL weekend with those we love! 

Comments

Popular Posts