Home Tour {Henry's Room}

Today I'm going to show you Henry's bedroom, which I think is my favorite room in our house! I worked really hard on getting it "finished" when we moved in, and I just LOVE the way it all came together! We pretty much had his nursery at the old house just like this, but there were still some things that we never got around to doing. He didn't sleep in his crib back then, so we only went in his room to get his clothes and it didn't really matter that it wasn't complete. Now we are in here all the time, and it's a fun and safe place for Henry to play without me having to worry about what he's getting into. So let's get to it! Welcome to Henry's room! :)




We bought the crib from Jessica for $75 and then found the matching changing table on Craigslist for $40. My dear friend Sarah gave us the chest of drawers, and Caleb's grandmother bought the chair. I also found the lamp on Craigslist for $25 and spray painted it and bought a new shade, and it looks so good now! We spent less than $150 on his furniture, which I am so proud of! 🙌 I LOVE a good bargain, and nothing makes me happier than having something beautiful that looks expensive, but only having paid a small amount for it.

We decided to splurge on this bedding from Restoration Hardware, but my aunt ended up giving us the bumper as a gift, so we just bought the crib skirt and the accent pillow (which is in the chair). We were given the matching quilt as a shower gift. I absolutely love the little sheep, which are all woolen French knots. It is so precious and just screams "baby" to me. 😊 I picked out a sign that I wanted to go over the crib while I was pregnant, but it was $150 and I thought it'd be super easy to make. Well now I wish I would have just bought the stupid sign, because do you think I've ever made it?? NO. Amanda took the materials to do it for my birthday, and she still hasn't finished it (ahem, not trying to publicly humiliate you, but my birthday was almost 4 months ago, Amanda 😜😂). Hopefully I'll have it hanging soon, but I learned a valuable lesson; always pay more to buy it because I will never actually make anything! haha

The "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" sign hung in Evelyn's nursery, and Amanda let me borrow it for Henry's. One day I will give it back (maybe! 😉). We also have 2 baskets of books on the floor under the shelves, but my plan is to get a couple more of these ledges from Ikea and put them side by side so that we have 2 long rows of books, with nothing on the floor. 

This is the top of the chest of drawers. I found this print at an antique store when I was pregnant, and completely fell in love with the silly and whimsical scene. I just know that Henry will have so much fun looking at it one day! The Winnie the Pooh bookends were given to me when I was a baby by my Aunt Sheila, and it's so special to use them in Henry's room now. The books are all my favorite ones that were given to me by my good friend Aleisha. They are part of the BabyLit series, and being a fellow English major, she knew I'd love them. She bought him several "boyish" books like Treasure Island and Moby Dick, and then some that were more personal. She got Les Miserables because it's my favorite musical, a book about New York since Caleb and I went there for our honeymoon, and one about London since we went on a trip there after our college graduation. She is such a sweet and thoughtful friend! 

This is one of my most prized possession. I started cross-stitching this sampler for my baby's nursery over a year before I was even pregnant. I absolutely loved everything about it and knew I would want it one day, so I used Christmas money to buy the patterns and supplies and started working on it in January 2015. I finished it up a couple months before Henry was born, and my mom had it framed for me as a gift. If we have a fire, this will be the second thing I grab (after Henry, of course!)

This is over the changing table, and again holds lots of sentimental value. The picture is something Caleb and I bought from a street artist in New York on our honeymoon and the Bunnykins bowl and mug were first birthday gifts that I was given by my great grandparents. The picture was taken at Henry's 3 month photo session, and the Beatrix Potter book set was a gift from my mom for Henry's first Easter. 

That's a look at Henry's nursery! My plan when we have another baby is to move Henry to the other bedroom and keep this room as is. If we have a girl I'll change out a few of the decorations, but other than that, I like it just the way it is. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts