Ring Around the Collar, Solved!

I was doing some straightening up in mine and Caleb's closet the other day, and I came across one of his dress shirts that had a BAD case of "ring around the collar", the sweat stain that guys get on the collar of their dress shirts. Regular washing doesn't remove it, but I came across this trick on Pinterest that worked like a charm, and I thought I'd share it! I've done this in the past on other shirts, but none were ever stained this badly. I was kind of worried it wouldn't come out. Take a look at the results below!

This was before. 


The ingredients: hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and Dawn dish soap. The article I found said to use 1/2 T baking soda, 1 T Dawn, and 2 T hydrogen peroxide. 

It seemed too "soupy" to me, so I added a little extra baking soda to try to thicken it. It ended up being perfect once I started scrubbing it into the fabric. 

All ready to be washed! You let it sit for a couple hours so that the mixture really soaks into the fabric.

And after! It took ALL of the stain out and the shirt looks brand new! 

Check out this before and after photo...
...crazy, right?? 

I'll definitely be holding on to this little trick and using it whenever Caleb's shirts get yucky! Hope someone else finds this as helpful as I did!





Comments

Popular Posts