What's Up Wednesday

Today I'm joining a link up with Shay at Mix and Match Mama called What's Up Wednesday, where we answer some questions about what's going on in our lives. This is my first WUW, and I'm excited to participate!

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK
 Monday night my mom got pizza and we all ate dinner at my parent's house. Tuesday I cooked some Mexican chicken in the crockpot and we had quesadillas, and we'll probably be eating on the leftovers all week. One of my favorite things to do is put chicken breasts in the crockpot with a jar of salsa and some taco seasoning, cook it for several hours, then shred it. It's about the easiest thing ever and totally delicious! We also eat Shaggy's once a week, so I know that'll be on the menu one night :)

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT
With Henry's first birthday approaching, I've been reminiscing a lot about the day he was born, as well as my entire pregnancy. I LOVED being pregnant, and I actually felt some grief when it was over, but nothing can ever top that day we met him face to face for the first time, and I've been re-living it a lot in my mind. I just cannot believe it was almost a year ago! 


One of my favorite pictures from my favorite day :) I plan to share Henry's birth story and tons of pictures in October for his birthday, so get ready! :)


WHAT I'M LOVING
Now that I'm working part time and Henry is napping amazingly well, I have some free time on my hands ๐Ÿ™Œ and I have been doing lots of scrapbooking. I started a scrapbook after Caleb and I got married, but I've had a chance to catch up on lots of photos and experiences I wanted to document. I plan on starting a scrapbook for Henry too. Here's a look two pages I've done in the last couple of weeks.

I love having this creative outlet, AND I feel like I'm being productive because it's marking something off my project list :)

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO
Caleb and I have both been very busy at work, so our spare time has been spent doing a whole lot of nothing :) We've been going on walks after dinner, watching T.V. when Henry goes to bed, and just trying to enjoy our time together. 

WHAT I'M DREADING
I can't think of anything I'm dreading right now! Thank you, Lord! 

WHAT I'M WORKING ON
Decorating for fall! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I am SO excited about this! I plan on having Caleb help me get the fall stuff down from the attic this week, and I'm going to start decorating on Friday when I'm off. I LOVE fall and I am really looking forward to this year in our new house, with our sweet baby. 

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT
Lots of things! The Fall/Christmas season starting, Henry's first birthday party, dressing Henry up for Halloween, seeing family for Thanksgiving, a little trip Caleb and I are planning. Lots of exciting stuff going on over here! 

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING
Caleb and I have been watching Parks and Recreation before bed, but that's about all I'm watching right now. I am reading a couple of books, one is historical non-fiction and the other is a parenting book. I'm going to try to do a book review some time next month to share what I've been reading!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO
Currently I am listening to the silence in the house while the baby sleeps :) but what's been on repeat at our house is Hamilton. Caleb started listening to this on Amazon Music back in the Spring and he got me hooked. It is SO GOOD! There are songs that will make you laugh, make you cry, make you want to dance. Fast songs and slow songs, and throughout them all is one amazing story about our country. Go check it out! 


WHAT ARE YOU WEARING
Right now I'm wearing workout clothes because I went walking this morning, but in general I'm still wearing lots of shorts and lightweight shirts/tank tops. It's still hot in Alabama! I'm reeeeeaalllyyy wanting to pull out sweaters and jeans, but it's just too hot. 

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND
I have to work on Saturday (boooo), but then Caleb and I will probably go out to dinner and maybe hang out with some friends. Sunday we'll go to church and then get stuff done around the house. So basically not much of anything! 

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH
The new small group semester is starting at church, and I've found a couple to attend. One of them is a couples group for Caleb and I to attend in the evenings, and the other is a mom's group that meets at  a park one morning a week. I'm excited for the fellowship with other believers, and hopefully making some new friends! Our pastor is also starting a new series next month about the end times, and connecting Biblical prophecy with what is going on in the world today. It's going to be awesome! If you're local you should come to a service, and if not, you can listen to it online at churchofthehighlands.com! 

WHAT ELSE IS NEW
We have the sweetest neighbors at our new house (Shawna and Chris) and we hung out with them this past weekend. Shawna and I have gotten together some during the week with Henry and their 14 month old baby boy and we have just clicked. It's so fun having someone right next door who is my age and in the same stage of life! New friends are ALWAYS a good thing! :)




Comments

Popular Posts