Fall Decor Tour

It may be early September, but it's fall at my house! I am over the hot weather and ready to move into the holiday season, which begins in September in my mind. I love every season and I'm ready for each one to begin by the time it rolls around, but I am always extra ready for the last 4 months of the year. Cooler weather, scarves and sweaters, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and now Henry's birthday in October makes it even more fun!

Last week I decorated our house for fall, and I'm going to share pictures today. I had SO much fun decorating our new house for the first time, and I went on a little shopping spree and bought some new festive decor. 😬 You'll see lots of my Kirkland's finds! LOL. I think it's a combination of having a new house and having a child, but I am extra excited for the holidays this year. I remember how fun and exciting it was when my mom would pull out holiday decorations, and I want Henry to grow up with those same special memories. I'm a creature of habit and I hate change, so there's just something really comforting about pulling out the same decorations year after year and putting them in their designated spot. Maybe it's just me, but it makes me warm and fuzzy inside. 😊

Come on in!

I switched out some of the brightly colored pottery pieces for pumpkins and called it a day. I bought the Vine & Branches "Thanksful" sign at Hobby Lobby, and I think I'm going to leave it here year round. I love the way it looks, and I am always thankful for the blessings God has given me!

I switched out the green apples for my new Hobby Lobby pumpkins.

I got this table runner at Pottery Barn three years ago, and it is still one of my favorite things I put out at fall! The tray is one of my new finds, and I filled it with artificial gourds and pumpkins that I found at Hobby Lobby. 

I bought this cornucopia at Hobby Lobby a couple years ago along with the filler, and I just redo the arrangement every year. The wreath is something I made the first year Caleb and I were married, and the little sign is from my recent Kirkland's haul. 😀

This is the secretary desk, which I moved into the kitchen since my last home tour post. I am much happier with it in here!

Coffe table decor. All of these were things I had from years past, but I rearranged them in a different way this year, and I love it! 

I bought this copper candle holder years ago through my work, and got it wholesale. Huge perk of working at a retail store that carries great lines! It's a set of two, and I have always filled them with mini pumpkins and put them together on the table or mantel, but I went with something a little different this year. The other one is on my entry table.

Both ends of my entry table. There's the other candle holder! My mom bought me the iron church for my 23rd birthday from a boutique in downtown Athens, AL. It weights like 15 lbs, and I love it! You can put a tea light candle inside and it looks really beautiful all lit up.


New Kirkland's garland on the mantel! 

I made this pillow over the weekend out of a table runner I found at Home Goods. I loved the embroidered pumpkins, so I folded the runner, sewed up the edges, and added a pillow insert. I LOVE it! And the best part is that I can make a second pillow with the other end of the runner! 

I've never decorated for Halloween before, but again there's something about having a baby that makes me want to go all out! I am not a fan of scary/creepy Halloween decor, so the few things I picked up were more "cutesy". Once Halloween's over, I'll trade out the Halloween specific items for more fall stuff.




That's a look at our little home, all ready for fall! As always, leave a comment if you want specific information about any of the items I have pictured. Most of them are current at either Hobby Lobby or Kirkland's! Thanks for stopping by, have a great rest of your day!

Comments

Popular Posts