Henry's 1st Birthday Party

This post is a couple weeks overdue! I've been trying to find time to sit down and sort through the hundreds of pictures we took at Henry's party, and it has proven to be more time consuming than I anticipated. Anyway, I finally have done it, and today's post is going to include tons of pictures from our sweet boy's 1st birthday party! 

We celebrated on Sunday, October 15th with nearly 40 friends and family members. Yes. That is a correct. We crammed all those people into our little house, and it about busted at the seams, but we had such a wonderful time! There were so many people who love Henry and wanted to celebrate with him. My Granddaddy, his wife Robin, and my Aunt Sheila drove up from Samson, AL, Caleb's Mamaw and Daddy Wayne and his GanGan drove from Centreville, AL, and his dad came from Canada! We had a huge turnout and it was awesome! 

We did a Peter Rabbit themed party, because I wanted something sweet and "babyish". I know one day he's going to pick what kind of party he has, and it probably won't be anything I would pick. 😊 We provided heavy hor'devours, and I realized after the party that we didn't get a single picture of the food table. We had little weiners in crescent rolls, Italian dip, Chick-fil-A nuggets, pimento cheese, fruit, veggies, and chips. For dessert, my mom made brownies and I picked up some buntinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes. We also had Amazing Bakes carrot cookies (made by Amanda and me!) that were delicious. We gave out carrot shaped Easter eggs filled with orange Hershey kisses, and the kids got a Peter Rabbit board book with a bubble wand. 






Henry got TONS AND TONS of gifts. The people in our lives are so generous! He learned really quick that opening presents is fun! 😊 He also loved the attention, and kept smiling and clapping for himself to make everyone laugh. 😂












 We had never given Henry anything sweet other than fruit and yogurt, so needless to say, he LOVED his first taste of cake! 








Amanda, me, and Sarah (the Bloom sisters!)

My Aunt Sheila, Granddaddy, and Robin

Mimi and Papa

Grandaddy and Christa, Mamaw and Daddy Wayne, and Kendra

Nana, Derek, and Kendra

Henry's great grandparents (minus my grandfather who had already left)

Evelyn LOVES Henry's car from Nana and Derek!

My sweet friend Shelby came from Nashville for the party, and had the kids hanging all over her by the time the party ended! 😂

We had the BEST day celebrating Henry's 1st year of life. We thank God for giving us 365+ days with him, and look forward to many, many more! 

Comments

Popular Posts