Show and Tell Tuesday--Want, Need, Wear, Read

I was so excited when I saw this topic on the list for Show and Tell Tuesday because I was thinking of writing a post like this anyway! I saw a gift guide on Pinterest years ago that said that there are only 4 presents you should buy for your kids each year; something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read. This is SO different from how I grew up. We had (and still have) huge Christmases with TONS of gifts, and as a kid I thought the more presents the better (duh!). I think the want, need, wear, read thing would be hard to implement with your kids if they're used to a plethora of gifts, but it's something I'd love to start when our kids are young. As an adult, I think it's the perfect strategy for gift giving (and receiving!) and I actually already have been working on my lists for my mom and MIL. Here are some things I have my eye on...

WANT

I have been on the hunt for a Christmas table runner and THIS is one I would love. I have Pottery Barn runners for Fall/Thanksgiving and Easter and I love them both. They have some great ones as well that are more "Christmas-y", but I think the solid red would leave me with lots of options for centerpieces and place settings. 

I am wanting to do floating shelves in our hallway with lots of framed family photos. I've been searching for the frames I want, and all I could find in the style I was looking for were from Pottery Barn and VERY pricey per frame. I knew I would need quite a few, so I started Googling and came across THESE at a website called displays2go.com. They are $1.65 for a 5x7 and $3.49 for an 8x10. 😱 You have to buy a minimum of 6 in each size, but I need that many anyway! I was looking on Amazon for some similar frames in 4x6 and I found the EXACT displays2go frames for over $20 for an 8x10. I cannot believe I lucked out on such a deal! I'm definitely going to be adding each size to my Christmas list.



 I love coloring, and have several adult coloring books that I rotate through. DINER EATS and SWEET TREATS both caught my eye on Amazon. Call me a fatty, but I have always loved food illustrations, even as a kid, and I would LOVE to color these cute food pictures! 

Something else I'm always looking for are new puzzles. I love working on puzzles, and BOTH of THESE look so fun!

NEED
I'll be needing a 2018 planner, and I'm obsessed with THIS Rifle Paper Co. one that I found at Anthropologie! The love the layout of the calendar and the gorgeous cover. (I found it on Amazon as well for the same price, but with Prime shipping!)


I've been borrowing THIS rolling pin from a friend, and it is definitely time to get my own! Amazing Bakes is growing and I'm using this thing at least once a week, so I might as well go ahead and ask for one!

I've been needing a pair of rainbows for several years, and THESE are my favorite! I love the color, as well as the height of the boot shaft. I (apparently) have wide calves and not all boots will pull on all the way. These would hit low enough that I wouldn't have to worry about it!


WEAR

I have almost bought THIS Free People sweater several times now. I absolutely love the color as well as the oversized fit. I would be so happy to unwrap this on Christmas day!

I tried THIS sweater on at Anthropologie and loved it. I'm waiting for them to run a sale before I purchase it, unless Santa brings it first! :)


THESE pants are in my cart at Anthropologie. They'd go really well with either of the above sweaters!

READ

I have so many books on my Amazon wishlist that it's hard to choose! Here are my top 3:

We've been watching The People v. O.J. Simpson on Netflix, and now I want to read the BOOK about the whole case. I love true crime novels, and I know I'd love this one!

I've heard great things about THIS book and am dying to read it! I've heard it's full of twists and suspense; my kind of book!

"THE DRY" is another book I've heard good things about. The plots sounds interesting and it's a thriller. It's definitely on my list of must-reads!

That wraps up my Christmas list! I would love any one of these items, and hope I see a few under my tree this year! :)









Comments

  1. I think this is a fun way to do gifts for kids when they are really young and don't need a lot. I imagine it would be a bit tougher as they got older, but it's still something to strive for! I really want to read The Breakdown. I have heard good things too. Awesome deal on those frames, and I LOVE planners.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts