May Book Review

It's time for my May book review! I can't believe that this is my fifth review review...how are we already five months into the year?! I only read two books in May, but they were good ones! 

The first book I read this month was The Five Love Languages of Children. Caleb and I learned about the five love languages when we were in pre-marital counseling, and had a brief understanding of each of them, but this book is about how the five love languages pertain to child-rearing and it was fantastic! This is a book that needs to be read by every parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, nanny...anybody who comes in contact with kids! The authors talk about filling your child's "emotional love tank" and how an empty love tank is the root cause of almost every behavioral problem we face with our kids. Our children respond best to discipline and correction when we speak their love language in order to keep their tanks full. This book was full of so much wisdom and insight that I read certain parts over and over again. I'm going to read it again and this time take notes. This will be a book I will consult many, many times throughout the years!

The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy was my second book of the month. It was a psychological thriller (my fave!) and it was really good! I wasn't sucked in immediately which kind of disappointed me, but there was a huge twist at the end that made up for the slow start. I don't want to give anything away so I'll leave it at this; I had to go back and re-read the first couple chapters because the surprise ending gave a whole new perspective to the beginning! 

And that's it for May! It was a busy month and I didn't spend much time reading, but I already have several books picked out for June. We'll be spending a week at the beach and I'm hoping to have lots of down time to read then! :)

Comments

Popular Posts