Memorial Day Weekend 2018


Caleb, Henry, my mom, and I spent Memorial Day weekend with family in Marietta and had such a great visit! Caleb and I had Hamilton tickets for Friday night which was the original reason we went, but we thought a long weekend would be a good opportunity to stay for a few days. Unfortunately Henry woke up with a cold on Wednesday, I woke up with it on Friday, and Caleb caught it on Saturday. We felt pretty miserable all weekend which put a damper on the trip, but we tried to make the most of it and enjoyed ourselves anyway.

Caleb worked until 11:30 on Friday, and by the time we got to my cousin Desiree's house, it was time for us to leave for the show. We had time to run through Steak n' Shake and eat in the car before heading into Atlanta!



The stage looks really small in the picture, but we could see it much better in person. Our view was better than we expected, and the show was PHENOMENAL! I had some major nasal congestion the whole night which stunk, but I still loved it!


The only picture I took Saturday was this one of Henry with Desiree's dog, Matt. He is the sweetest dog in the world, and Henry is obsessed. The last couple times we visited he called him "dog", but this time he called him by his name and we heard "Matt! Matt!" constantly. 😂

We took it easy around the house all morning and then went to The Varsity for lunch, then back to Desiree's house for a few hours. We went to my cousin Michael's house for dinner, and his wife Vanessa made the most delicious dinner; a Mexican feast complete with rice, beans, guacamole, queso, and 3 different taco meat options! We only stayed long enough to eat because Caleb and I were feeling so sick, but it was so nice to spend time with everyone!


On Sunday we went to my Aunt Kyle and Uncle Wayne's house where were were having a cookout later in the day. We got there early and had the pool to ourselves for a couple hours!

This view never gets old! Some of the happiest memories from my childhood were spent in this pool and I always love coming back.

Henry wasn't thrilled to be in the pool at first, but by the afternoon he was much more comfortable. He even started climbing down the steps into the pool on his own.

My guys!


I'm SO sad that I didn't take any pictures during the afternoon. I wanted some candids of everyone sitting around visiting, but my phone was inside and I never took any. But there's nothing like relaxing in the pool and looking out to see the people you love most enjoying the beautiful day and each other's company to make you thank God for so many blessings! 

We swam and played and ate all day long and it was marvelous! Henry was so exhausted that he didn't even move when I laid him in the pack and play and then he slept for 13 hours. 😂


We went to breakfast on Monday morning and then headed home. This little baby was apparently still exhausted because he slept for another 2.5 hours on the way home!

We had such a good weekend, and I'm already missing our GA family! And just for fun, I'm including a few pictures of me as a little girl swimming in the same pool. (The quality isn't great because they're pictures of pictures. 😜) It's so cool to be able to share my own childhood experiences with my son!














Comments

Popular Posts