Beach 2018--Days 7 & 8

Saturday was our last day at the beach, and we wanted to make the most of it and soak up as much sun as we could. We started our morning at the pool, where Henry continued to shine at swimming. :)  We were so proud of the fact that by the end of the week he was putting his face in the water to blow bubbles, scaling the wall of the pool, kicking his legs, and LAUGHING instead of crying to clinging to me!


I don't know any other great-granpents who go swimming; these two are the best! 

After swimming at the pool, we went to the beach to let Henry play in the sand for a bit. By today he was enjoying the ocean more, and actually laughed every time a wave came and washed over his feet. 

We went inside for lunch and then my sweet mom offered to stay in while Henry napped and let us go back to the beach. Henry took his longest nap of the whole week (over 3 hours!) and this was my view the whole time. Ahhhhh, that was the life! 

When Henry woke up, we all headed down the the splash pad one more time. I took a panoramic picture so that I could get everyone in one shot, but it cut Kendra in half and pieced her together in a weird way. 😂 But I love it anyway!

We went to dinner at Ocean's in our swimsuits and had a delicious dinner. It was such a great way to end our last day!

Henry's Granddaddy came all the way from Canada to be with us at the beach.

 We went into the convenience store after dinner and got Henry a popsicle. He hadn't had a popsicle all week and he was SO excited! It was pouring down his arm and face, but he didn't even notice!
After Henry went to bed, we played a tiebreaker game of dirty marbles aaaaannnnddd...the boys won. 😒 We were waiting for towels to wash, so we went ahead and played another game and they won that too! They'll tell you it's because they're skilled players, but it's not true; they were just lucky! 😜
We got up early the next morning and loaded up the van (my mom got in the blackhole in the back this time 😂😂). About an hour outside of PCB we drove through Samson, AL which is where my dad is from and where my grandfather lives with his wife, Robin. We called when we were about 20 minutes away and asked if we could drop in. Talk about last minute, but they were so sweet and were thrilled to have us come by. 


They have 2 miniature horses that we got to pet, which of course Henry loved! They were so cute!

We love our Granddaddy! 

This picture made me laugh. Henry took the straw out of his water bottle and stuck it in my grandfather's pocket...so weird! 😂

And then on the way home, my dream came true....we stopped and ate at MCDONALD'S! I love McDonald's and no one else in my family does. I don't even know the last time they've eaten it. But we were driving through a tiny town with no other options, so they were forced to eat it. Muahaha!

Proof that Caleb was at McDonald's (and LIKED it, I might add!)
The rest of the drive home was pretty uneventful. Henry got fussy and wanted out, but then fell asleep for the last couple hours. 🙌  We were all so glad to be home later that evening!

We had such a wonderful week at the beach. Having that time to get away and relax was such a blessing that I feel like we really needed. I felt a little sad as we left, because I know that next time we're at the beach, our lives will look a little different. We might have another child by then, and Henry will definitely be older. All wonderful things, but it's just easy to remember how fast life goes by when you know it will be a year or more before you return somewhere. One thing is for sure; we are already looking forward to our next vacation! 








Comments

Popular Posts