August Book Review

Okay, I'm SO late in posting this (see yesterday's post for a full explanation 😜), but I'm finally here with my August book review! I'm actually laughing really hard as I type this, because I only read ONE book in August, which just perfectly sums up my life right now. I was serious yesterday when I said that all I've done is sleep! 


The only book I read last month was The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers. I've read a lot of Rivers' books; some stand out as some of the best books I've ever read, and some are total flops. This one kind of fell in the middle. It wasn't my least favorite Rivers book, but it definitely wasn't the best. It's the story of a really successful and wealthy artist named Roman who has a terribly troubled past and a big secret that could land him in jail if it was discovered, and his new personal assistant named Grace who also had a really sad childhood and carries a lot of shame for some things she's done. Grace is a Christian, but still struggles with her past sins, and when she starts working for Roman, she fears heading down the wrong path again. This was a romantic love story, but also a sweet story about the way God loves us, redeems our broken pasts, and writes a new story for our lives. There were parts that I found to be a bit cheesy, but overall I enjoyed it!

I hope to be back in a few weeks with a September book review, but I gotta be honest; right now I'm sitting at a solid 0 in my reading for the month! I think I'm kissing my goal of reading 50 books in 2018 goodbye, but that's okay. I'll pick up a book again when I'm in the mood! Thanks for reading along!


Comments

Popular Posts