Fall Fun 2018

We tried to make the most of fall, and fit in a lot of festive activities. This was the first year that Henry could really enjoy the fun of the season, and we soaked it up! This was busy time of year with our trip to Texas and Henry's birthday (plus the first trimester daze I was in! 😂), but we enjoyed making memories as a family!

Caleb and I took Henry to Tate Farms the first weekend of October, and it was so much fun! We went several years ago with my family before Henry was born, but it was so fun getting to experience it with him! He loved the slides. We were so proud of the way he walked through a huge crowd of kids and jumped right on. 


We petted bunnies...

...and sheep!

They had a tractor that pulled these barrel cars, and of course we had to ride. I love Henry's solemn face in this picture. 😂

Henry got in the corn crib, and all he wanted to do was pick up the stray kernels and put them back. Hahaha!

I'm not exaggerating when I say that he refused to look at the camera for a single picture! 😑

We took a hayride to the pumpkin patch and found the perfect pumpkin to take home.



They had several brand new tractors to look at and sit on and Henry loved it! We basically had to drag him off and carry him to the car kicking and screaming. It wasn't the best ending to our morning, but we had so much fun overall! 

We went back to Tate Farms a couple weekends later for the Whitesburg Baptist Church night. My whole family was there, as well as my in-laws, so it was a fun night together! We rode the hayride out to a patch of mini pumpkins, and each of us got to pick one.  Henry had so much fun playing with his cousins, but unfortunately we were too busy to remember to take many pictures!

Love these sweet kids!


Henry was freaking out while we tried to take a picture, so this is the best we got. 😂

Caroline and Henry had the right idea! 😊

We took our little pumpkin to Amanda's house a couple weeks and let the kids paint them.
 They made a big mess and I'm pretty sure Evelyn's pumpkin took hours to dry, but they had fun! 😂

We ended the busy month of October with a fun night of trick-or-treating on Halloween. We went to my parent's house for dinner and trick-or-treating, then met Tracy and Derek at our house to go to a few more houses in our neighborhood. I basically got really sick at my parent's and had to leave Caleb on his own with Henry, and things were so crazy that we never took a good picture. 😭 I wanted a picture of Henry with Evelyn and Caroline, but oh well...this one will do! Henry was a train engineer and he was SO CUTE!!! I started feeling well enough to do a little trick-or-treating, and seeing him walk up to someone's door with his candy bucket and that hat and bandana KILLED ME!! (In a good way! 😜)

We took the pumpkins down from around the house at the beginning of November to decorate for Christmas, but we still had lots of fall fun ahead!

Henry and I made rice krispie treats one afternoon when we needed something to do. Most of them got thrown away (apparently they go stale in a day or two!), but Henry LOVED making them, and let's be honest...we all loved eating them! 😊

We celebrated Thanksgiving with family in Georgia and had such a wonderful visit. I really intended to take some pictures of everyone together, but got busy and forgot. (I do realize that this is a major trend of my blog....my intentions are good, but my photo taking skills are lacking!) 

My Aunt Kyle and Uncle Wayne host Thanksgiving every year, and they have beautiful woods behind their house that Henry loved exploring. Not a bad photo op either! 😉

My uncle has lights on dozens of trees, and at night they're all lit up. Henry loved walking around the woods and seeing all of the Christmas lights!

We visited my uncle's office where they had tons of construction equipment. Needless to say, Henry was in Heaven! We turned into the parking lot and he started yelling "Backhoe! Backhoe!" Haha! Here's Henry standing in the bucket of an excavator. It was HUGE!
 

 We usually stay with my cousin Desiree and her husband Paul when we visit GA, and it's one of our favorite places to be! They have the sweetest dog named Matt, who is actually who Henry named his stuffed dog after. 😂😂😂

This was the first Thanksgiving without my grandmother present, and it made me so thankful for those of us who could be there. I know there will be a day when we aren't all gathering together to celebrate the holiday like we always have, so I'm going to enjoy these precious moments while I have them. Thanksgiving was the perfect ending to our fall season...now bring on CHRISTMAS!!!! 😍


Comments

Popular Posts