Claire--18 Month Update

This post was saved a draft from October and I want to have it forever, so I'm publishing it, even though I never finished it. Not sure what else I was going to say, but I want to remember the things I did write and there's some pretty cute pictures that speak for themselves. :)

I know I haven't blogged in months, but this one is too important not to share! My sweet baby girl is 18 months old today, and it's almost hard to believe she's not older. She's so independent, so talkative, so grown in so many ways. She's definitely too big for her britches and has to do every single thing Henry does, but most of it she can do! She just amazes me every single day. Here are some things about Claire that I never want to forget.

 1) She's a daredevil and a tornado all in one. 
Claire is destructive and into EVERYTHING, much more so than Henry was. She loves to climb and she loves to jump, and she incorporates those two movements into all of her stunts. :) She likes to jump off of furniture (thankfully only as long as someone is there to catch her!), and her newest trick is an assisted flip off of Henry's bed. We only have 3 or 4 drawers that aren't able to be childproofed, but it's almost a daily thing that she removes the contents to carry all over the house. Give her 30 seconds unsupervised and she will find trouble. :) 
 
 

2) She's a human garbage disposal. 
She always has been, but now she's getting more belligerent in her demands. Claire is ALWAYS up for eating, and if she gets it in her head that she's getting a snack, there's no convincing her otherwise. We've had to tell Henry that he needs to quietly ask us for something to eat, because if Claire hears him and we say no, she'll have a huge meltdown! She's had a few too many tastes of sweets recently (like lollipops and snow cones) and she especially goes nuts if you try to deny her those. She's still a very healthy eater, so we don't mind giving her occasional treats. And we're still not convinced she has taste buds. :) 

3) She has the BEST curls! 
I don't really know where they come from, but they're perfect little ringlets!


 
 
 
 
 
 
























Comments

Popular Posts