COVID19 Quarantine--Week 2

We had another good week last week! I'm such a homebody that I'm really enjoying this whole "don't leave your house or see anybody else" thing. 😆 When this started, I was kind of daunted by the thought of being stuck at home with a 3 year old and a 1 year old everyday without any outside distractions or entertainment. I thought that if they were older, we could at least play games or do puzzles together, or maybe house or yard work. But as I've seen the reactions of so many older kids, I realize that having such young children might make it easier to be sequestered at home. So many children are grieving the loss of time with friends, sports, activities, school...I'm really thankful that I don't have to watch my kids go through that. Other than Henry occasionally asking about seeing Ms. Elizabeth, he hasn't noticed anything different. And of course Claire doesn't realize anything at all. 😂 I don't have elementary kids that need to be doing schoolwork, I don't have teenagers who would rather be anywhere else than stuck at home. I think I'm loving the spot we're in! 

Okay, I'll start with my favorite meme of the week. Hahahaha! Also, ignore the fact that my kids have hardly changed out of pajamas all week. 😜
Sunday was a beautiful day and we enjoyed a nice walk on the Greenway. While we were walking, a lady stopped next to us on her bike, and we were excited to see that it was Ms. Jennifer, one of Henry's teachers! We got to chat for a few minutes and Henry was really happy.

Tuesday was declared "The Great American Takeout" in order to support restaurants during this time. We knew we had to go support our favorite local restaurant, Shaggy's! It's too far away to take home to eat, so we parked in the parking lot and ate in the car. 
 We told Henry we were having a picnic in the car, and after a few minutes of complete silence from the back he said "I LOVE picmics!" (which is how he pronounces picnic 😭). I'm so thrilled that we can make some good memories through all of this. 
I think Claire loves picnics too! :)
During Claire's morning nap, Henry and I always like to do something that we can't do when she's awake. On this morning, we worked on a set of charter puzzles that Henry has. Each person has a head, torso, and feet that have to be put together, and he loves sorting through them and finding the matches. 
On another morning, we played with blocks and then sorted them first by color, and then by shape. We had fun building a tower with only green blocks, and then trying to build a tower using every block.
 Claire chose this time to become really difficult. 😐 She has started climbing on anything that's dangerous, and it's nearly impossible to keep her out of the cabinets (one of them doesn't have room for a lock). She's keeping us on our toes, but her adventurous personality is also so much fun! The other day Caleb found her in the bathroom on the step to Henry's potty seat. It was propped against the tub and she decided to climb right up! Ha!
I've tried instituting "independent play" from 8:00-9:00 every morning, right after breakfast and before Claire naps. It's worked really well (or so I thought) and Henry and Claire have been spending about 45 minutes together in Henry's room playing by themselves. Then one morning I see THIS!!! on my way to put Claire to bed. Almost every book, toy, and puzzle on the floor. We told Henry that if he ever does this again, we're removing all of it from his room! I had something else planned for this morning, but it took a good 30-45 minutes to get it all cleaned up. But those who know me how much I love sorting through a mess, so it really wasn't all that bad. 😊
 Walks and snacks! 

To see what we did during our first week of quarantine, click HERE!


Comments

Popular Posts